AS A FOUNDING MEMBER, PHAETON INTRODUCES THE “SMARTER COMMUNITY ALLIANCE”
As a founding member Phaeton is proud to introduce the “Smarter Community Alliance”. The Alliance was initiated some five months ago. It brings together like-minded professionals eager to challenge poor outcomes associated with business-as-usual residential development. The Alliance’s vision is to create better quality and choice of living, working and recreational spaces for all by pursuing genuinely sustainable and innovative outcomes in urban form. Critical to achieving these better outcomes is for the stakeholders (‘partners’) to collaborate, design and deliver projects in a fully integrated and holistic manner.
THE ALLIANCE MEMBERS
The Alliance is made up of the following partners:
- CDP — Town Planning & Urban Design represented by Frank Arangio.
- PHAETON — Smarter Housing & Blockchain Technology Providers represented by Ron Forlee.
- SERNEKE — Construction Integrators represented by Andrew Abercrombie.
- HOLONIC — Strategist in ‘Circular Economy’ represented by Andrew Thomas.
- ATOMIC 6 — Innovative Housing & Technologies represented by Andy Lennox.
- FLOWTECH — Innovative Mechanical Services represented by Paul Letich.
- EVANGELISTI & ASSOCIATES — Civil Engineering represented by Marino Evangelisti.
THE CURRENT SITUATION
- The housing industry is comfortable with ‘Business as Usual’ (BAU), resulting in unsustainable outcomes.
- The sector is monopolised by project builders offering a ‘one size fits all approach with limited diversity.
- It has a ‘Silo’ structure with limited integration of sustainable elements.
- The design and planning are Invariably environmentally ignorant.
- There is little innovation employed at all levels of construction.
- Bureaucratic and inflexible approval processes inducing a reluctance to change from BAU.
WHERE WE NEED TO BE
- Elevate best practices in environmental and social sustainability.
- Introduce a partnered and collaborative structure facilitating an integrated and holistic design and delivery approach.
- Introduce modern methods of construction and integrated project delivery.
- Embrace 21st-century technology such as Blockchain, ConTech and FinTech.
- Establish a bespoke approach and innovative mindset to all projects.
- Ensure that there is a high-quality Architectural Design response.
- Address the entire demographic spectrum in the housing market.
WHY ARE WE NOT DOING IT?
- There is the fear of “falling off the edge of the earth” — reluctance to deviate from BAU.
- The innovative outcomes are still untested and potentially uncompetitive with BAU.
- Most greenfield development is primarily driven by price point, therefore sterilising innovation.
- The land development industry is led by influential ‘Project Builders’ who are inherent disciples of BAU and have a reluctance to change or invest in ‘Research and Development’.
- The banking and financial lending sector are reluctant to fund innovative development.
- Establish a collaborative, partnering and holistic based approach to all elements of projects.
- Gain the acceptance by all stakeholders that we need to change for the better.
- Introduce a regulator led transition towards ‘better’ with assistance from components of the better way.
- Educate all stakeholders on the virtues of ‘better’, including the cost savings during the construction and post habitation phases.
- Increase the emphasis on the outcomes and less on misaligned financial drivers.
- Demonstration projects — “to get the ball rolling”. The Alliance has identified a development site to showcase a Smarter Community solution.
PHAETON’ S ROLE
As a member of the “Smarter Community Alliance”, Phaeton will be integrating its Blockchain Technology in new development projects by way of:
- Real Estate TNFT where future residents can participate in the early stages of development, making housing more affordable.
- A Modular Solar-wrap Datacentre to monitor data to improve the community’s living standards, manage security and waste, and improve community and internet connectivity.
- Smarter housing with an Artemis Node providing a passive income and linked with IoT and AI.
- Renewable energy by way of solar and geothermal to power the community, therefore, reducing utility costs.
- Blockchain AgriTech, depending on the scale of the project, incorporate urban agriculture or vertical farms for the community’s food supply.
If you are a professional consultant or business and interested in being involved in Alliance, contact any listed alliance members. For any additional information on Phaeton Blockchain Technology, visit our website: www.phaeton.technology and send us an enquiry.